Thursday, October 11, 2012

Notes from Linda

While cleaning out Greg's car yesterday after taking 3 dogs to the groomers, I had several "conversations" with Mom. She kept coming out to chat while I cleaned and then would say she was going in to talk to Dad.  I knew that eventually Dad would appear to find out what the heck I had actually said. And then, right on cue, he appeared. I was hard pressed not to laugh out loud.
I realized then that you have to find the plus side of Alzheimer's.

Plus:  you can play Whisper Down the Alley all by yourself
Plus:  you can play Hide and Seek all by yourself
Plus: (?) everywhere and everything is new each and every day
Minus: (?) you have already been everywhere and seen everything, nothing is ever new

In this new life, you either laugh or cry. Those are my options and I opt for both in turn. Greg added another option, compose some of his best music ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment