Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Lake Song


Hello my friends,

I am very happy to say that we have completed the work on the new CD "Lake Song" and it is available from my website, iTunes, CDBaby and soon Amazon. It has been a year in the making, from composing the songs, polishing them for recording, recording, mastering, graphic design and production. A lot goes into getting the music into a format that people can enjoy! I think it is some of my best work, and I am happy with how it turned out. It is available here: www.gregmaroney.com.

Summer is in full swing, and I have been busy with the vegetable garden, helping my wife Linda with her flower gardens, and taking on projects that have been lurking in the background for some time. Over the last few months I have been slowly redoing our dog yard fence (containing about 1/2 an acre), sinking new 4x4 posts, getting them straight and strong in the dirt, and restringing the fencing. Thanks goodness for gloves. We also had several trees die over last winter, so there is some tractor and chainsaw work to be done. I am not sure what it was about the last winter’s weather, but it was really hard on a lot of our trees. Fortunately, the tractor makes short work of removing the stumps, though it still takes time to dig up stumps and return dirt to the hole. This has been a great year for berries, we have harvested tons of strawberries and the raspberries are just about ready for picking. It is so delicious eating them right from the vine.

In other music news, a quest I have been on for many years has finally been completed. I have found and purchased a new piano, my perfect piano, that will inspire more music. I will not say what it is until it is cozy in my living room, but it should be a very inspirational instrument. I will have to learn new microphone techniques for recording it, but it will be a lot of fun discovering its speaking voice and how to bring out the inner beauty of the instrument. Stay tuned.......

As for upcoming concerts, I am one of the nominees for the 2015 Enlightened Piano Radio, and will perform at Carnegie Hall in New York on Saturday, October 24th. Tickets will go on sale in July, so stay tuned. This will be a fantastic concert, and lots of fun for me as a performer. My CD Coming Home is up for Best Album of the Year. Wish me luck! Michael Dulin and I will perform a house concert the next day, Sunday October 25th at 2 pm at our home in York, Pennsylvania. If you are interested in attending, email me for reservations and directions.

Now is the time I ask for your help. Audience participation, if you will. I know that I have many supporters. I have heard wonderful things said about my music and the many ways it has effected lives and for that I am grateful. What I ask now is that you take a moment to make these public. Please go to Amazon, iTunes, CDBaby, or wherever you hear/play/ purchase my music and leave a review. If you have more than one CD, feel free to review them all! Some of these reviews may be used on my website as my wife updates it.

That is most of the news for now, thank you for your support of my music!

Greg Maroney
www.gregmaroney.com

No comments:

Post a Comment