Sunday, February 26, 2012

Happy Birthday, again

Today is my birthday. I suppose that means something for some people. I know that it's a big deal when you're 5. Parties, presents, hoopla. In the last few years or more, definitely more, we realized that we really didn't need more stuff. There went the presents. Hoopla, for the most part, is overrated. There was the exception of my 50th birthday. It involved  50 presents, numbered and hidden throughout the house, that I had to find in order and culminated in  a surprise party with 50 guests. That was hoopla and it was good. 
Yesterday, people asked at work what I was going to do for my birthday. Something special they said. Linda and I have given this thought and realized that our usual day off together is our perfect day. Some people may see that as not doing anything special for my birthday, but I see it as having a birthday a few days a week, every week. Can't ask for more than that. Enjoy your day, I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment