Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Hello my music friends!

Without you, it would be very difficult to sustain my musical output.  Whether listening to my music on Pandora, Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, etc. or purchasing my sheet music or CDs, you all make a difference.  So, thank you very much!
CD Release 
Now, for some news......Most recently, I have released the CD "Hymns ~ Healing Piano Solos". Friends have been asking for years for me to create this collection of music, submitting lists of their favorite hymns. I am in the right place and time now and found the inspiration in my beautiful Steinway D piano to record on. The CD has 14 tracks, pulled from those lists as well as some of my personal favorites.  So for all who have asked, here it is, and thank you for asking. I hope it brings you peace. 
In the Works
I have two other CD's in the works, and will be releasing them throughout the rest of the year.  The first release will be an "Ambient" CD.  Ambient music is a genre of music that puts an emphasis on tone and atmosphere over traditional musical structure or rhythm.  But, I think you will clearly hear my classical roots in these compositions.  The CD will be good for quiet times, going to sleep, yoga, or anything else where you want to get the "alpha waves" going.  I would not drive a car while listening to this CD!   After that I will release Quiet Piano Improvisations, volume 2.  Truth be told, I really like the songs on this CD, it has become my favorite CD to listen to while working on the computer.  

Sheet music is coming along nicely.  I am going back and transcribing the older CDs, and just finished Songs of the Water Rose.  I do not think I will have it bound into a physical book, rather I will have it available as a pdf file you may purchase on my website.  

Come this summer, I will be starting something new.  I will mentor anyone interested in working with me on any of my music or who wants to learn composition.  I will make myself available on a casual basis.  I have not determined the cost of this yet.  Any thoughts?

House Concerts
I have been working on arranging multiple house concerts.  The upcoming concert on June 26th with Dan Kennedy is full, but I will start a waiting list.  The Saturday July 9th concert with Wayne Gratz is also full, but we have some space on July 10th at 2 pm. These concerts are a great way to experience this style music in a personal setting, some people even lay under the 9 foot Steinway for a "sound bath” as one guest described it.  Let me know if you are interested in attending one.  We live near Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, but people have traveled far to hear the music.  

It means a lot to have the support of my fans but it is also a gift to be part of a community of solo pianists. “Whisperings”, an internet broadcast featuring only solo piano, is a perfect station to have on at work, or home while relaxing.  I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to one of my friends in that group who has put out a delightful new album. Jeff Bjorck has composed a themed solo piano CD titled "Keepsakes in the Attic".  The front cover of the CD depicts the cherished heirloom pieces that you would find hidden in the attic, and each item has a story attached to it that Jeff eloquently describes in his composition and playing.  The music is very warm and personal, I think Jeff really reached inside to produce such sincere and heartfelt emotion.  The CD is available on Jeff’s website along with the stories that go with each object/song. Enjoy!

Well, thank you very much for listening to my story, and I appreciate all of your support over the years.  Here’s to lots of new music!

Greg Maroney

No comments:

Post a Comment